Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,841,749 1 new person every 1 minute and 26 seconds Consumer price index 1.9% December quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.6% Quarterly change Sep 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,567.90 November 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.5% January 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Monday 26 February 2018Weekly earnings of employees rise by 1.9%Characteristics of Employment, Australia
- Monday 26 February 2018Historical data on employed persons now in TableBuilder.Microdata: Characteristics of Employment, Australia
- Monday 26 February 2018Management Capabilities of Australian Business MicrodataMicrodata: Management and Organisational Capabilities of Australian Business
- Monday 26 February 2018Labour Statistics Fact Sheet Series released todayLabour Statistics: Concepts, Sources and Methods (Additional Information)
- Friday 23 February 2018Increased energy use, increased energy efficiencyEnergy Account, Australia
Getting set for school with facts and stats from the ABS Aussie kids go Back to School – ABS facts and stats When it comes to returning to school, the ABS can give you the ABCs of statistics about teachers, students and education with a Back-to-School Statistical Fact Sheet.
6401.0 Consumer Price Index, Australia, Dec 2017 Consumer Price Index This quarter the ABS introduced new expenditure weights and implemented methodological changes to maximise the use of transactions data. The CPI is now compiled using over 900,000 prices observations.
71% of people aged 30 to 39 have some form of tertiary qualification