Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,661,650 1 new person every 1 minute and 23 seconds Consumer price index 1.9% June quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.8% Quarterly change Jun 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,543.80 May 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.6% August 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Thursday 21 September 2017New regional information in updated ABS dataData by Region
- Thursday 21 September 2017Detailed monthly Labour Force data released todayLabour Force, Australia, Detailed - Electronic Delivery
- Thursday 21 September 2017Detailed quarterly labour force data released todayLabour Force, Australia, Detailed, Quarterly
- Thursday 21 September 2017New appendix for future trend data scenariosOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia (Additional Information)
- Thursday 21 September 2017Latest Research from the Methodology DivisionMethodological News
Household Income and Wealth, Australia Inequality stable since 2013-14 Results from the 2015-16 Survey of Income and Housing reveal that income inequality has been stable since 2013-14, peaking in the lead up to the Global Financial Crisis in 2008 and varying within a narrow range since then.
The Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey The Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey The ABS has released further details on the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey process including advice on how people in remote communities, silent electors, elderly people in residential aged care, people with low vision and Australians overseas can participate.
The ACT had the largest population growth since 2011, adding over 40,000 new residents