Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,105,026 1 new person every 1 minute and 23 seconds. Consumer price index 2.1% June quarter 2018 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.9% Quarterly change June 2018 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,586.20 May 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.3% August 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 16 October 2018Personal finance commitments decrease 1.0%Lending Finance, Australia
- Monday 15 October 2018Synthetic data enables safe access to business microdataResearch Paper: Synthetic Microdata - A Possible Dissemination Tool
- Friday 12 October 2018Total dwelling finance decreases 2.1%Housing Finance, Australia
- Friday 12 October 2018ABS releases Forward Work Program for 2018–19Australian Bureau of Statistics - Forward Work Program
- Wednesday 10 October 2018Building Approvals data for small geographic areasBuilding Approvals, Australia (Additional Information)
Causes of Death, Australia, 2017 Alcohol-induced deaths decreasing The rate of alcohol-induced deaths is now 5.1 in 100,000 Australians, down from 6.6 in 100,000 in the late 90s. Following a bad flu season, deaths by influenza in 2017 tripled the previous year's figure. Coronary artery disease remains our leading cause of death.
Australian Demographic Statistics, Mar 2018 Time for a sun and sea change? Queensland is the most popular destination for interstate movers, gaining 24,000 people in the year ending March 2018. Victoria was the next most popular state, with a net gain of 15,100 people. 52,000 people from New South Wales made the move north; 36,900 Queenslanders made the reverse journey.
The ACT has the highest proportion of people with qualifications