Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,912,846 1 new person every 1 minute and 24 seconds. Consumer price index 1.9% December quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.4% Quarterly change Dec 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,567.90 November 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.6% March 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Monday 23 April 2018Fall in mothers' use of flexible work arrangementsChildhood Education and Care, Australia
- Monday 23 April 2018Childhood Education and Care, 2017 data in TableBuilderMicrodata: Childhood Education and Care, Australia
- Friday 20 April 2018Income and Housing, 2015-16: TableBuilder now available.Microdata: Household Expenditure, Income and Housing (Additional Information)
- Thursday 19 April 2018Labour force participation rate at all-time highLabour Force, Australia
- Thursday 19 April 2018Core Activity Need for Assistance - a new Census storyCensus of Population and Housing: Reflecting Australia - Stories from the Census (Additional Information)
Review of 2021 Census topics Public consultation is now open What is the most useful information to collect in the 2021 Census? Tell us about your data needs and have a say on the information we collect in the 2021 Census. Learn more and make your submission by 30 June 2018.
2016 Census : Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA), Australia, 2016 New SEIFA, remoteness and distance to work data Create your own tables on SEIFA, remoteness areas and distance to work in TableBuilder or load data into modelling and analysis systems with DataPacks. QuickStats and Community Profiles data are now available by remoteness areas. GeoPackages will be available on 17 April 2018.
13% of people aged over 65 are still working