Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,714,234 1 new person every 1 minute and 26 seconds Consumer price index 1.9% June quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.8% Quarterly change Jun 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,543.80 May 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.6% August 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Wednesday 18 October 2017Female life expectancy continues to climbLife Tables, States, Territories and Australia
- Tuesday 17 October 2017Trend shows utility sales continue to increaseSales of New Motor Vehicles, Australia
- Monday 16 October 2017Personal finance commitments increase 0.5%Lending Finance, Australia
- Monday 16 October 2017Travel to Italy up 15.9% from a year agoOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
- Friday 13 October 2017Mortgagees spending less income on housingHousing Occupancy and Costs
Causes of Death, Australia, 2016 Dementia on the rise amongst women Dementia, including Alzheimer's disease, was the leading cause of death among women, latest Causes of Death data shows. Heart disease remains the leading cause of death overall, while dementia is second and strokes, lung cancer and chronic lung diseases make up the top five. Found out more now.
The Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey The Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey Act now. Requests for a replacement Marriage Law Postal Survey for eligible Australians close 6pm (local time) on Friday. If your survey has been lost, damaged or has not arrived, it's quick and easy to get a replacement form or Secure Access Code.
On Census night, more than 600,000 Australians were travelling overseas