What is a Topics page?
Why use a Topics page?
What information will I find in a Topics page?
WHAT IS A TOPICS PAGE?
Topics pages are subject guides to ABS statistics. Topics pages group together ABS publications and other relevant information on subjects, such as :
- Economy - national accounts, international trade, finance and business indicators
- Environment and energy
- Industry - agriculture & rural, building & construction, IT, manufacturing, tourism, transport, service industries, science & innovation
- People - Census, aging, demography, education & training, families & children, health, indigenous people and labour
- Regional statistics - state and territory statistics
See help on how to Interpret ABS Catalogue numbers to learn more about subject matter groups and subgroups.
WHY USE A TOPICS PAGE?
Use a Topics page to help you if:
- you are new to ABS subject areas
- you know the statistic you want but you are unsure of the ABS category that it comes under
- you know the subject and you want to know more about the title and related publications
- you would like to browse ABS subjects in general
WHAT INFORMATION WILL I FIND IN A TOPICS PAGE?
Topics pages provide:
- Information about the subject matter area
- Noticeboard - what's new , work in progress and latest updates
- Releases from the subject matter area - upcoming releases, statistical publications and other relevant indicators
- Other related sources of information
- Using statistics from the subject matter area - information useful for interpreting statistics
- Contact details