Re-issue of Time Series - Table 23
Minor clarifying corrections to the Main Features commentary (changes in bold)
- An issue with historical trend and seasonally adjusted underemployment and underutilisation data for all states and territories was identified and Table 23 was removed from the website shortly after release.
- The following i-note was temporarily placed on the website:
- The ABS has detected an issue with the seasonally adjusted and trend series in Table 23 between 2011 and 2014 which has been impacted by the major rebenchmarking of Labour Force estimates. The ABS is working to correct this data as soon as possible. Data before and after this period is unlikely to reflect any discernible revisions. Data in Table 22 in unaffected.
- A corrected Table 23 was published on 20 December 2018.
- Unemployment rate decreased less than 0.1 pts to 5.1%, the lowest since early 2012.
- Participation rate increased less than 0.1 pts to 65.7%, the highest trend participation rate ever.
- The employment level increase reported was corrected from 37,100 to 37,000
Minor clarifying corrections to the Labour Force Commentary November 2018 (changes in bold)
- The unemployment rate decreasing less than 0.1 percentage points to 5.1 per cent.
- The participation rate increasing less than 0.1 percentage points to 65.7 per cent.