Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,162,512 1 new person every 1 minute and 23 seconds. Consumer price index 1.9% September quarter 2018 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.3% Quarterly change Sep 2018 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,586.20 May 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.1% October 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Monday 10 December 2018Total dwelling finance increases 2.6%Housing Finance, Australia
- Monday 10 December 2018Building Approvals data for small geographic areasBuilding Approvals, Australia (Additional Information)
- Monday 10 December 2018Information paper now availableLinking Death registrations to the 2016 Census
- Monday 10 December 2018Lamb production down 13.1% since October 2017Livestock and Meat, Australia
- Thursday 6 December 2018Retail turnover rose 0.3 per cent in OctoberRetail Trade, Australia
Patient Experiences in Australia: Summary of Findings, 2017-18 How does age affect patient experiences? 77 per cent of those aged 15-34 saw a GP in 2017-18, compared with 96 per cent of those aged 65 and over. Young people were also three times more likely to put off seeing a medical specialist, and nearly twice as likely to delay seeing a dental professional than older Australians.
Population Projections, Australia, 2017 (base) - 2066 When will we reach 30 million? Recent population trends suggest that Australia will reach 30 million people between 2029 and 2033. Population projections are based on assumptions of future levels of fertility, life expectancy and migration.
56% of women were employed in 2016, compared with 34% in 1966