Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,113,823 1 new person every 1 minute and 30 seconds Consumer price index 1.3% Annual change Mar 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 1.1% Quarterly change Mar 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,499.30 November 2015 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.7% May 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 28 June 2016Updated migrant data now releasedMigrant Data Matrices
- Tuesday 28 June 2016The total number of exporters rose by 9% in 2014-15Characteristics of Australian Exporters
- Monday 27 June 2016Minor review of Australian country classificationStandard Australian Classification of Countries (SACC)
- Monday 27 June 2016Qualifications and Work microdata releasedMicrodata: Qualifications and Work
- Monday 27 June 2016New information on mental health treatmentsHousing Circumstances of People Using Mental Health Services and Prescription Medications (Additional Information)
Protecting your privacy Protecting your privacy August 9 is Census night, but how has the Census changed and how is data kept safe? In 2016, the majority of households will complete the Census online. To make sure data is safely and securely managed, privacy protections are stronger than ever. Learn more in our informative new video, Protecting your privacy.
8166.0 - Summary of IT Use and Innovation in Australian Business, 2014-15 Use of social media by business is on the rise How does your business compare? Over a third of all businesses now have a social media presence. In the last 4 years, businesses with fewer than 4 employees have doubled their social media presence. Businesses with the highest social media presence are those with 200 or more employees.
86 per cent of Australian households have internet access