Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,407,235 1 new person every 1 minute and 22 seconds Consumer price index 1.5% December quarter 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 1.1% Quarterly change Dec 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,533.10 November 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.8% February 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Monday 27 March 20178 million adults tested for cancer in 2 yearsHealth Service Usage and Health Related Actions, Australia
- Monday 27 March 2017Disability, social and economic wellbeingNational Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Survey (Additional Information)
- Thursday 23 March 2017Stronger growth in net overseas migrationAustralian Demographic Statistics
- Thursday 23 March 2017Detailed monthly Labour Force data released todayLabour Force, Australia, Detailed - Electronic Delivery
- Thursday 23 March 2017Detailed quarterly labour force data released todayLabour Force, Australia, Detailed, Quarterly
Schools, Australia Government school enrolments on the rise Government school enrolments continued to rise slightly to 65.4 per cent in 2016, up from 65.2 per cent the previous year. This follows a 40 year period of decline in the share of government school enrolments, dropping from 79 per cent in 1977 to low of 65.1 per cent in 2014.
International Women's Day ABS celebrates change on International Women's Day The ABS has a look at the statistics through the years to help celebrate the theme of "Be Bold for Change" on International Women's Day.
86 per cent of Australian households have internet access