Census TableBuilder Basic datasets can be accessed as a guest user without registering. Users can also register to access Census TableBuilder Basic, which enables additional features such as saving tables, submitting large tables and creating custom groups.
Users need to register and subscribe to access all other TableBuilder and microdata data series, including Census TableBuilder Pro. Users who are members of an organisation which subscribes to TableBuilder or microdata may also be automatically joined to their organisation for immediate access to subscribed products.
REGISTER AND ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT
- Register a new user account in the Registration Centre and agree to the Terms and conditions.
- Use your organisation email address when registering.
- If you are not sure if you have previously registered, contact email@example.com or phone 1300 135 070 before re-registering.
- If you are a user in more than one organisation, you will need to register separately for each organisation using each organisation's email address.
- You will receive an email asking you to activate your account by clicking on the link.
- Once activated, all registered users automatically have access to the free products, including Census TableBuilder Basic.
- If your organisation has already been registered you may be automatically joined to your organisation in Registration Centre. You will receive a confirmation email to let you know you have been joined and which products your organisation has subscribed to. If you are not automatically joined to your organisation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be joined to your organisation.
- Log into Registration Centre to:
- see a list of the products you and your organisation have access to
- find out who your organisation's Contact Officer is
- update your contact details
- change your password or secret question and answer.
To change your email address or organisation, contact email@example.com.
- Contact Officers can update their organisation's contact details in the Registration Centre, and remove users who are no longer with their organisation. Alternatively, contact the ABS to have the organisation's details or members updated.
SUBSCRIBE TO PAID PRODUCTS
Australian and international organisations can purchase subscriptions for additional TableBuilder products. This covers access for all members who have been joined to the organisation in Registration Centre. Australian organisations can also purchase microdata subscriptions, while international organisations will be considered on a case by case basis. See also:
Compare access options
ABS/Universities Australia agreement
To subscribe to TableBuilder or microdata products:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, organisation, user ID number and the microdata product and system you are interested in.
- The ABS processes the microdata application and advises you and your organisation's Contact Officer of the outcome.
- The ABS contacts your organisation's Contact Officer to arrange payment (if required). Credit card is the preferred payment method.
- If you are applying for basic or expanded CURFs or detailed microdata files, the head of your organisation must also submit a Responsible Officer Undertaking to the ABS. See Responsible Use of ABS Microdata user guide.
- Access Census TableBuilder Basic datasets as a guest user without registering
- Log into Census TableBuilder
- Log into TableBuilder for all other datasets.
- Log into MicrodataDownload.
- Alternatively, if your organisation has previously received basic CURFs on CD-ROM, your Contact Officer can provide you with access once you have registered and joined your organisation in the Registration Centre. Log into Registration Centre for a list of your organisation's Contact Officers.
Expanded CURFs and Detailed microdata in DataLab
- See About the DataLab for information on which organisations may apply for access to detailed microdata.
- Contact email@example.com with your name, organisation and the microdata file you are interested in accessing.
- An ABS staff member will contact you to discuss your project, arrange training and a session.
- See Responsible Use of ABS Microdata guide for more information about DataLab conditions of access.
Expanded CURFs in RADL
- RADL is being decommissioned and is available for existing users only. New users should apply for access to Expanded CURFs in the DataLab.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, user ID, organisation and the expanded CURFs you are interested in accessing.
- Log into RADL using your RADL log in credentials provided by the ABS.
- See User Manual: ABS Remote Access Data Laboratory for more information about the RADL conditions of access.
Q: What if I don't receive the activation email?
A: Check your spam folder to see if the email has been automatically categorised. If you still can't find the email, contact the ABS at email@example.com and an ABS staff member will assist you.
Q: What if I have forgotten my password when activating my account?
A: Select the 'Forgotten password' link on the Registration Centre log in page. You will need your registered email address and the answer to your secret question to reset your password.
Q: What if I forget the answer to my secret question?
A: Contact the ABS at firstname.lastname@example.org and an ABS staff member will assist you.
Q: I am a Contact Officer for my organisation, but I cannot see an 'Organisation administration' tab when I log into the Registration Centre.
A: When you log into Registration Centre, if you see your tabs, but they are aligned vertically down the page, rather than horizontally across the page an error has occurred. In some cases, Internet Explorer (IE) 8 reverts back to the Internet Explorer 7 engine. These are instructions to turn off IE7, so that IE8 is running as IE8:
- If you can't see a menu bar in Internet Explorer (File, Edit, etc.), enable it by right clicking on some empty space in the tab bar and ticking Menu Bar.
- In the menu bar, go to the Tools menu and click on Compatibility View Settings.
- Untick the 'Display intranet sites in Compatibility View' tickbox.
- If the problem still persists (you still do not see an 'Organisation administration' tab), contact the ABS at email@example.com and an ABS staff member will assist you.
See also Frequently Asked Questions for further assistance when using Microdata and TableBuilder.