Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,293,678 1 new person every 1 minute and 29 seconds Consumer price index 1.3% September quarter 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.5% Quarterly change Jun 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,516.00 May 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.6% Oct 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 6 December 2016Current account deficit narrows to $11.4 billionBalance of Payments and International Investment Position, Australia
- Tuesday 6 December 2016General government expenses exceeded revenue by $19,696mGovernment Finance Statistics, Australia
- Tuesday 6 December 2016Beef production continues to decline in October 2016Livestock and Meat, Australia
- Monday 5 December 2016Company Gross Operating Profits trending upwards.Business Indicators, Australia
- Monday 5 December 2016Multifactor productivity rises 0.9% in 2015-16Estimates of Industry Multifactor Productivity
6227.0 - Education and Work, Australia, May 2016 Australians studying more More people are studying than ever before, with one in five Australians aged 15 to 64 undertaking some form of study in 2016, from school education through to university degrees. Men were more than 12 times as likely as women to study engineering, while women were more likely to study health or society and culture.
Disability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings More people with disability completing year 12 Some 41 per cent of Australians with disability aged 15-64 (living in households) completed year 12 in 2015. This was up from 33.3 per cent in 2009 - an overall increase of 23 per cent, which is greater than the increase for those with no reported disability (14 per cent).
Fewer children are drinking cordial now than 10 years ago