Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,835,874 1 new person every 1 minute and 26 seconds Consumer price index 1.9% December quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.6% Quarterly change Sep 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,543.80 May 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.5% January 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 20 February 2018ABS announces further redundancy program
- Tuesday 20 February 2018Business counts up 3.1% in the year to June 2017Counts of Australian Businesses, including Entries and Exits
- Monday 19 February 2018Latest Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander data releasedCensus of Population and Housing: Characteristics of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians
- Monday 19 February 2018Visitor arrivals from India up 18.5% from a year agoOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
- Friday 16 February 2018Half a million Australians physically assaulted, 2016-17Crime Victimisation, Australia
Getting set for school with facts and stats from the ABS Aussie kids go Back to School – ABS facts and stats When it comes to returning to school, the ABS can give you the ABCs of statistics about teachers, students and education with a Back-to-School Statistical Fact Sheet.
6401.0 Consumer Price Index, Australia, Dec 2017 Consumer Price Index This quarter the ABS introduced new expenditure weights and implemented methodological changes to maximise the use of transactions data. The CPI is now compiled using over 900,000 prices observations.
74% of Health Professionals are female